eResources & Databases
Learn and develop the skills needed to advance work and life with FREE TUTORIALS
Techboomers has over 100 free courses with thousands of step-by-step tutorials and informational articles that can help you learn anything and everything about the Internet's most popular websites and apps. Check out our full range of courses, or jump down to any category that interests you!
If you are new to computers, haven't used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, this site has the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
LibAnwhere is a mobile app that allows the patron to do/access the following:
· Search the catalog (which also showcases eBooks/eAudiobooks available), place holds, see checkouts, and renew items. It does what the regular catalog does.
· See our hours, branches, email the library, and more.
· Use your phone’s camera to scan barcodes on books to see if the library has a copy.
· Geo-location finds your nearest library easily or browse for the West Virginia Library Network and find one of our Brooke County locations.
· LibraryThing for Libraries customers also get integrated tags, recommendations, information about other editions, and access to over 100,000 reviews.
TypingClub is web based
(and will always be) free.
Create an account to save your progress and lesson plans, or you can just do with without an account.
Thanks to a partnership with Driving-Test.org, the libraries are now offering free online Driver's Permit practice tests for students preparing for their WV driving tests. Click above and choose from one of the many permit practice tests.
Clio is your guide to the history and culture around you. Download the free mobile application (android and ios) to discover nearby history.